Welcome to YSU's Financial Aid and EFC Estimator. This site allows students to estimate the
potential financial aid award they may receive when attending Youngstown State University. In addition,
students may use the tool to estimate their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the net price to attend Youngstown State
University. All need based calculations
assume that the student has completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by February 15th. This page
is not an application for aid and the awards listed are only an estimate of eligibility and in no way guarantee applicants
will receive these awards.|
Please answer the following questions. The answers you provide will allow us to calculate the student's cost of
attendance figure. A student's Cost of Attendance (COA) is the total expected cost associated with attending Youngstown
State University. Scroll down for help on questions listed.
Residency Service Area Descriptions*
Affordable Tuition Advantage Area includes counties of:
Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene,
Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer,
Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland, PA.
Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, and Ohio, WV.
If a student cannot answer yes to one of the following independent verification questions, then that student is deemed
dependent and must provide parental information on his/her financial aid application.
- Is the student at least 24 years old or will the student turn 24 this year?
- Is the student married?
- Is the student working on a master's or doctorate?
- Is the student a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?
- Is the student an orphan or ward of the court or in foster care?
- Does the student have any legal dependents other than a spouse?
- Is the student currently serving active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces?
- Is the student an emancipated minor or in legal guardianship?
- Was the student determined to have been homeless at any time on or after July 1 of the previous year?